The Michigan Unemployment Program is live starting Monday, April 13 at 8:00 a.m. Benefits will begin as early as April 20 after their bi-weekly certification. Please follow the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) filing schedule at michigan.gov/uia.
- Last names beginning with letters A-L file claims on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Last names beginning with letters M-L file claims on Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays
- Saturdays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window
- Applicants are encouraged to use off-peak times 8:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Website load times will be slow. Click a link once, and if necessary, wait for the response without clicking again.
- All newly eligible workers will need to provide proof of income to receive the maximum amount they are entitled to. This could include:
- 1099 tax forms
- pay stubs
- Individuals on paid sick leave or other paid leave and those who have the ability to telework with pay are not eligible
Employee FAQ and Information follow link https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-78421_97241_98585---,00.html
For Employers: Includes Work Share, WOTC and Employer Filed Claims submission. Follow link https://miwam.unemployment.state.mi.us/EmpMiWAM/_/
Employer FAQ and Information follow link https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-78421_97241_98677---,00.html