Trade Mission to the United Kingdom and Netherlands
Join the MEDC and Michigan Europe Trade Center for a multi-sector trade mission to the United Kingdom and Netherlands with visits to London and Amsterdam. Participants will receive a customized schedule of B2B meetings with prospective buyers, partners, and distributors. The mission also includes a welcome reception and group hotel rates in each city.
Why the United Kingdom and Netherlands?
Michigan companies can benefit from their use of English, geographic proximity to other European countries, and sophisticated infrastructure.
As small nations, these countries heavily depend on imports. Michigan exports to the U.K. totaled more than $574 million in 2021, the state’s 13th largest export market.
In the same year, Michigan exports to the Netherlands totaled more than $486 million, making it the state’s 17th largest export market.
Top Michigan exports to the U.K. include:
- Transportation equipment
- Machinery (11% increase 2020–2021)
- Computer and electronic products
- Plastics and rubber products (up 8%)
- Chemicals (50% increase 2020–2021)
- Computer and electronic products (up 10%)
- Processed foods (up 26%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (up 22%)
- Furniture and fixtures
- Transportation equipment (up 87%)
- Kick-off conference call to establish company’s goals and support requirements
- Pre-visit market research
- Customized appointments with prospective partners, distributors, and/or buyers
- $2,000 participation fee includes customized B2B matchmaking, group hotel rate at each location, and a group welcome reception.
- $500 fee per additional company representative.
- Eligible Michigan SMEs may be eligible for 75% reimbursement for participation fees and travel expenses through MI-STEP.
Date and Time
Monday Mar 20, 2023 Friday Mar 24, 2023
Jake Schroder: 517.898.7462