Trade Mission to Australia and New Zealand
Join Michigan and Pennsylvania for a co-hosted trade mission to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia with an option to visit New Zealand. Participants are provided a customized schedule of B2B meetings with prospective buyers, partners, and distributors. The mission also includes a welcome reception and group hotel rates in each city.
Why Australia and New Zealand?
- Australia and New Zealand are major export markets for Michigan, with $707 million and $97 million in total exports to the respective markets in 2021.
- Key sectors include mining equipment, medical devices and consumables, SaaS, water and wastewater equipment, construction and manufacturing equipment, and consumer retail.
- March 18/19: Arrive in Sydney with optional group dinner on March 19.
- March 20: Breakfast and group briefing with legal and business presentations.
- March 20-21: Business meetings in Sydney.
- March 22: Depart for Melbourne (or alternative city of interest).
- March 23-24: Business meetings in Melbourne with optional group dinner.
- March 25/26: Depart for New Zealand or U.S.
- March 27-28: Business meetings in New Zealand.
- March 28/29: Depart for U.S.
- Kick-off conference call to establish company’s goals and support requirements
- Pre-visit market research
- Customized appointments with prospective partners, distributors, and/or buyers
- $2,000 participation fee includes customized B2B matchmaking, group hotel rate available for individual payment, and a welcome reception.
- $500 fee per additional company representative.
- Participation fees do not include lodging, airfare, ground transportation, or meals.
- Eligible Michigan SMEs may be eligible for 75% reimbursement for participation fees and travel expenses through MI-STEP.
- Payments are 100% refundable if a written notice of cancellation is received by December 18, 2022.
- After December 18, refunded payments are subject to a $1000 cancellation fee.
- After February 18, no refunds will be issued.
Date and Time
Saturday Mar 18, 2023 Wednesday Mar 29, 2023
Australia and New Zealand
Weiwei Lu. Phone: 616.540.4964