Michigan Asian Pacific American Affairs Commision (MAPAAC), Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) Vote – MI and APIA Vote – National will be hosting a Norman Y. Mineta Leadership Institute 2020 Census Training for census training and to continue their efforts to get the full count of Asian Pacific Americans (APAs) for the 2020 census.
APIA Vote will provide a two-part training session:
- Morning session (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) will be on Voter Engagement and Recruitment.
- Afternoon session (1:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) will be on Census Overview and Training.
- Lunch will be served from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM.
The afternoon session will focus on the census infrastructure, funders and FAQs of different scenarios regarding the census. Members will work in groups to create an outreach plan to explain the importance of the census. They will:
- Create a message that is most effective to your community
- Draft talking points
- Participate in practice rounds of pitching messages.
Together, we will help our community in receiving services and benefits for the next 10 years by taking the 2020 census.
For more information about the event, please click here