Launched just four years ago by a 21-year-old West Michigan college student, an upcoming event sponsored by Battle of the Gains steps up a notch this summer at an exciting, new location: Calder Plaza, Grand Rapids (MI).
The 4th annual Gains’ Summer Festival focuses on family fun through activities . . . while promoting mental, physical and spiritual health, especially among young people. Battle of the Gains’ founder Will Ellermets (known as Billy Gains by many of his youthful followers) conceived the idea as a way to help young people overcome life’s battles by making gains instead.
There’ll be non-stop action at this year’s event, including:
- Expo & Art Show (Community Businesses, Agencies, Artists)
- Sports Tournaments (3x3 basketball & 4x4 volleyball)
- City Scavenger Hunt (downtown Grand Rapids)
- Live Music, Food, Prizes
New features this year:
- Participants who bring filled water balloons will attempt to break the water balloon fight world record (current record: 8,957 participants).
- Local ‘Battle Talkers’ tell their stories about turning their life’s battles into gains.
Our Expo Show is your best venue for maximum exposure:
- Rent space for a great way to display your products and services to the public.
- Talk to people face-to-face, promote your business and get new customers.
Three ways to be part of our festival:
Booths now available for sponsors-exhibitors.
- Exhibitor or
- Food truck vendor.
Festival expenses are covered by local businesses and agencies that rent display tables in the festival’s exciting community-based Expo & Art Show.
Sports teams needed.
Athletes ages 12 to adult can form teams and register now at www.battleofthegains.com for 3x3 basketball or 4x4 volleyball contests in an all-day sports tournament.
No charge for spectators, families and sports fans.
No charge for festival-goers, families and fans. Also: Free admission to enter the world record water balloon battle for anyone who brings a filled balloon. No charge for continuous City Scavenger Hunts with prizes awarded to top finishers. For a complete festival agenda, click here