Tuesday, February 20, 2024
12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m. ET
Virtual Roundtable Series
Join us for an engaging virtual roundtable series showcasing Warner Norcross + Judd LLP attorneys: Ed Bardelli, Amanda Fielder, Zainab Sabbagh and Steve Palazzolo. Kicking off our series in 2024, our first quarterly roundtable will delve into the dynamic realm of “Hot Topics in Labor Law.” As the current administration continues to rewrite labor and employment regulations, their impact on the automotive industry's workforce management will grow. Our discussions will unravel these changes and equip you with strategies to effectively navigate and respond to this evolving landscape.
Topics of discussion will include:
- The National Labor Relations Board’s new joint employer rule and its influence on the use of temporary and contingent labor.
- How the board, the Fair Trade Commission and the state of Michigan are working toward limiting employers’ rights to use noncompete agreements.
- Protecting your confidential information.
- The NLRB’s recent stance on independent contractors and who qualifies as an independent contractor.
- Recent updates to the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act and how to comply with this change.
- The Right to Work repeal and what this means for the automotive industry.
This is the first of four quarterly roundtable webinars in 2024 tailored to the automotive industry. Look for more information soon on subsequent webinars in the series.
To register for the first roundtable in the series, click here.