For many business owners, Research and Development (“R&D”) is a valuable resource that is used to fuel innovation and to gain a competitive advantage. R&D is also a resource/ investment that provides access to tax credits. During this presentation, members from Brooks Kushman and Apex Advisors will discuss R&D strategies to increase inventions and the fundamentals of the R&D tax credit including its potential with non-patentable events and throughout various levels of R&D.
• Implementing an internal R&D program
• Strategies to increase invention disclosures
• When to engage with IP Attorneys
• History and recent developments of the R&D Tax Credit
• R&D Tax Credit project qualifications and issues to avoid