Cheng specializes in tax consulting and conducts research and development (R&D) tax credit studies for a variety of clients including tier 1 and tier 2 automotive suppliers, and software startup companies.
Additionally, Cheng often helps his clients navigate and comply with the new §174 capitalization and amortization of R&E expenses.
• Research & development tax credits
• Tax treatment of §174 expenses
• Accounting methods and periods
• Tax consulting
Cheng has experience in both public and private sectors. He began his public accounting career in 2011 with KPMG. Prior to joining Rehmann in 2016, he worked as a tax analyst at a multinational publicly traded manufacturing company with annual revenue of over $1 billion.
A CLOSER LOOK
• Cheng’s expertise with R&D tax credit and tax treatment of R&E expenses under the new section 174 tax laws has allowed him to become a firm resource in the area, often presenting during internal trainings and webinars.
• Dedicated to his continuing education, Cheng is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants.
Walsh College - MS, taxation
Michigan State University - BA, accounting