Fight the Virus. Fight the Bias.
Americans are concerned about their health, job security and safety due to the coronavirus pandemic. In addition to these fears, people in the Asian, South Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Communities fear for their safety because they are being falsely blamed and scapegoated for the pandemic. Many are enduring an added layer of bias, harassment, discrimination and hate.
It's therefore vital, now more than ever, that our message of equity and inclusion shines through. Together we can fight the virus and fight the bias.
Learn The Facts
- No single person or group of people are more likely than others to spread COVID-19.
- There are approximately 22 million Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
- About 40% of Asian adults say someone has acted uncomfortable around them because of their race or ethnicity since the coronavirus outbreak. Only 13% of white adults say this has happened to them.
- As of July 2020, there have been 2,173 incidents reported against the API community, including violence, harassment, and discrimination. Numbers are regularly updated at StopAAPIHate.com, as well as resources for resistance and resilience to hate.
- There are approximately 550,000 Asian-owned employer firms in the United States and over 23% are from the accommodation and food services sector.