Welder - Grass Lake, MI
Apply appropriate welding process to meet specifications, inspect and repair welds as needed to support the production and assembly of prototype projects. Perform as an active team member in performing other tasks within the prototype shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct weld process including completion of weld for thin metals and 360 degree rotation. Identify "good" and acceptable weld and those that are defective.
- Handle materials and tools, set-up complete appropriate weld processes and inspect all welds and products to assure weld specifications are met. This includes doing disposition of product that does not meet weld specifications and notifying the appropriate authority when defects are noted.
- Properly store all product on racks, containers or other designated storage.
- Perform as a team member of the prototype shop, which requires the ability to learn, perform and rotate to other workstations within the shop.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance on welding equipment to assure good, safe working conditions and complete daily forms.
- AND MORE...