Sr. Technical Specialist - Kalamazoo, MI
This position is located at the Overisel Compression Station and White Pigeon (White Pigeon and Hamilton, Michigan)
The Resource Scheduler, supports Gas Transmission Operations and requires coordinating, scheduling, and monitoring of maintenance workload, working with union employees, Operations and Maintenance Supervisors, Field Technicians, Planning roles, Project and Construction managers, and Engineering.
- Follows the Work Management process to ensure scheduling related milestones are met from T-4 weeks to T-0 week for work execution.
- Coordination of material with Supply Chain, validation of lockout tagout readiness, assigning and tracking committed and emergent workload, interpreting monthly work plans and financial targets to create weekly schedules, conducting weekly meetings, and supporting the Operations team.
- Workload report generation, problem solving, and waste elimination activities.
- Proficient with SAP, Excel, and other software as needed.
- Excellent communication skills; customer service; teamwork; the ability to understand operational technical needs; understanding order types; capital and O&M work mix knowledge; advanced Excel skills; and, the ability to create and present presentations while leading Scheduling meetings.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College level courses or a degree in a business, scientific or technical field.
- Utility experience (e.g., natural gas, electric or renewables).
- Operations scheduling experience.
- SAP experience.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Proficient PowerPoint experience.
- Operational experience.
- Performs technical support functions and more complex tasks including establishing workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
- Sets up tech support systems including record maintenance, data submission, and project management.
- Provides backup department support.
- Prepares reports, and tech support material as directed from time to time.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs or establishes procedures for tech support functions and actions including records, tracking of information, maintaining logs/spreadsheet, and other similar technical support.
- Under general direction, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
- Have aptitude and ability to learn and perform the duties of the job including learning new designs reflecting new equipment.
- Successfully able to evaluate design alternatives to determine safest and most economical designs.
- Willing and able to follow instruction, assist in training of co-workers, and cooperate with other employees and customers.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Hours and Travel
- Meet travel requirements of the position, approximately 30% travel.
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime for scheduling coverage.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.