Truck Driver - Zeeland, MI
About this Opportunity
As a Truck Driver, you'll be responsible for transporting primarily finished product and raw materials to and from suppliers, manufacturing sites, distribution centers, and, occasionally, directly to the end customer. You will perform this work at the highest level of safety and reliability consistent with department and operational business objectives. You'll also ensure proper care and usage of equipment, as well as compliance to Federal Motor Carrier Safety and Department of Transportation regulations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with the Local Fleet Dispatcher regarding issues/concerns that prevent or jeopardize on-time performance to dispatch/route schedules and commitments. You will also work toward supporting the success of Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) initiatives.
- Drive a diesel powered semi-tractor with trailer (80,000# gross vehicle weight, 10 speed transmission, roll up or swing doors on trailer) while in a geographic radius of 75 miles of West Michigan production/warehouse locations.
- Electronically communicate data that may be required in Mobile Data Terminals located in the truck. You'll also participate in Driver pod sessions, training, meetings, etc.
- Maintain a professional image that promotes the corporate culture and community of Herman Miller.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives AND more...