Programmable Logic Controller Technician - Southfield, MI
Responsible for the electrical startup and commissioning of controls for a variety of applications including metal cutting CNCs, Ancillaries, Gantry System, Laser.
Has specialized training either formal or through on-the-job work experience. Has extensive technical knowledge gained through customer and project experience.
- Understands customer specifications (corporate and plant) and Comau standards required to commission systems.
- Responsible for the start-up and testing of electrical controls (input/output).
- Responsible for loading software on controls network and PLC modules.
- Responsible for commissioning Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens and interface.
- Utilizes existing customer and internal standards as well as references from previous projects to develop and customize all required application specific software (i.e. PLC ladder logic, HMI files).
- Coordinate and review with Technical Leaders, colleagues to maintain consistency within a given project.
- Checks hardware schematics and software programs for errors. Make necessary software or hardware modifications as required, within the Comau change process guidelines.
- AND MORE...