Supervisor - Field Underground - Ann Arbor, MI
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
On-Site Role: Must be available to work on-site at this assigned work location.
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE’s emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Leads team of design and/or field personnel engaged in the design, construction, maintenance, emergency repair, and/or operation of overhead and underground lines, substations/stations or steam equipment. Implements and drives changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement within the Processes and leads a single focused team or grouping of teams to meet the specific objectives of the Processes. THIS JOB WILL COMPLY WITH DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORATION (DOT) DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING
- Supervises underground field personnelin their day-to-day activities. Additionally, may be reuired to supervise substation employees, overhead crews and Planners in the design, construction, maintenance, emergency repair and/or operation of overhead and underground, substation/station or steam equipment.
- Meets or improves performance goals, measures, and targets in support of the Processes. Manages all aspects of work assigned so as to complete a quality job, on time, and within budget.
- Assures and maintains personnel's adherence to work practices and procedures, safety rules and regulations, and Union/Management agreements.
- Develops and maintains an employee environment that embraces the Core Values and encourages responsiveness to a changing business environment, emphasizes the importance of employee safety, and employee development.
- Represents the Company in daily contacts with customers, developers, municipal and governmental officials, and other utilities.
- Promotes teamwork through coaching, training, and consistent administration of union contracts.