Senior Technical Specialist - Base Software Engineering - Auburn Hills, MI
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to create something new and original. At Stellantis, we're breaking with the past and launching a new software organization built from the ground up. The Stellantis Software organization (SWX) was established in 2021 and brings an entirely new vision to the driving experience. Our mission is to design the most captivating experiences in mobility, bringing "tomorrow's" tech innovations closer to today, every day.
If you're ready to help lead this automotive technology transformation, we want to hear from you. Visit https://careers.fcagroup.com/nextgen/ to learn more.
Stellantis was founded in 2021 as the result of a merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and PSA Groupe. For more information visit: https://www.stellantis.com/en/company/about-us
This position will function as a Senior Technical Specialist advising the Basic Software Engineering efforts in the Base Software (SWX) organization within Stellantis. The candidate will be reporting to the head of the base software engineering and will be responsible to work with the BSW technical leaders to develop embedded BSW platforms support to establish the entire product life cycle, roadmap through design, and into practice efforts. The candidate will also support the team on designing and implementing robust platforms for various embedded modules, perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting, and will work on platform for various domains such as SAE Level 2, 3 automated driving features, Infotainment, instrument clusters etc. The ideal candidate will possess a good understanding of modern vehicle architectures, in-depth knowledge of embedded software development and possess an interest in learning and contributing to the state-of-the-art and emerging automotive computational technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree field
- 10 years of experience in leading software development and 5+ years of embedded software development experience in C/C++/Java, and/or other high-level languages
- Experience working with senior management, coaching managers and global software teams
- Experience in BSW platform services, SoA, Embedded Toolchain (OS, Secure Bootloader, Middleware, BSP, Libraries)
- Experience in high performance and classical BSW platforms design and verification
- AND MORE...