Supply Chain Planner I - Grand Rapids, MI
Defines, develops and reports on the efficiency of the supply chain network across the organization. Monitors and adapts core metrics for total supply chain optimization. Improves the overall customer experience by modeling scenarios, designing, developing and deploying tools and reports that monitor supply chain performance against key performance indicators. Works with stakeholders cross functionally across the organization as well as the vendor community to improve overall supply chain performance and effectiveness.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop and recommend processes to optimize supply chain performance against key performance indicators to ensure the right balance of merchandising, transportation and supply chain considerations are made to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct analysis to determine the application of flow and inventory strategies such as regionalization/centralization, direct import, forward buys or direct to store delivery.
- Develop and report on various supply chain design scenarios to help identify optimal uses of the network.
- Set metrics and monitor performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct analysis on key performance indicators, identify opportunities for improvement, determine root cause and develop plan to resolve.
- Plan and lead projects using standard project management methodologies including Lean / Six Sigma.
- Work with merchandising, merchandise planning and operations resources to execute plans.
- Present, communicate and manage expectations regarding supply chain planning and optimization with internal and external resources.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or equivalent retail experience preferred.
- Combined 3 years of experience in supply chain management, inventory, supply chain operations or vendor performance management.
- In depth knowledge of supply chain from vendor to guest.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices, inside the retail industry segment.
- Knowledgeable of LEAN Six Sigma principles and standard project management processes.
- Intuitive ability to recognize innovative opportunities that could be applied to Meijer.
- In depth knowledge of vendor relationships.
- Understanding of specific category product lines and core customer behavior.
- Strong project management skills.
- Office computer skills; able to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Successful candidates will have a strong curiosity to exploring new data sources and tools.
- Previous SQL or other coding experience a plus.