Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Grand Rapids, MI
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst is a member of the Strategic Sourcing team, supporting the organization in meeting its daily sourcing tasks aligned with its strategic goals. This role is responsible for applying analytics which will have a positive impact on Meijer's margin and profit performance.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support Strategic Sourcing Lead with data collection and analysis in support of strategic sourcing projects.
- Own day-to-day assigned procurement activities, including but not limited to administrative tasks for RFx, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Analyze historical spend data, market research and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the business.
- Provide data analysis for Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to support category negotiation strategies.
- Apply quantitative methods, data mining, and analytical tools to support business needs, sourcing events and budget development across all business areas.
- Partner and consult on report and tool solution designs that apply best in class analytics.
- Effectively communicate analysis and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Partner with reporting teams to improve reporting effectiveness and highlight variances.
- Leverage disparate data sources for holistic understanding to solve complex business problems.
- Understand corporate policies and system functionality to enforce compliance to procurement systems and adherence to Indirect Procurement policies.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- More than 1 year of business experience in an analytics field or related professional environment. Retail or Consumer facing industry preferred.
- Ability to perform moderate data and financial analysis.
- Working knowledge of SAP/Ariba, Microstrategy, PowerBI, is a plus.
- Experience with applications used for analytical, quantitative, and to apply statistical techniques to solve complex and ambiguous business problems in a timely manner.
- Active curiosity-enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify opportunities and risks.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude.
- Audit and improve existing processes, collaborate with senior team members and contribute to the team's success.
- Ability to influence in a cross functional team setup.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to develop communications and presenting to cross functional partners.
- Able to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.