Logistics Analyst II - Grand Rapids, MI
This position ensures a high service, cost effective logistics network. Proactively searches out ways of reducing costs and improving services. Manages the logistics service provider performance measurement process. Develops network models, identifies inefficiencies and implements improvements to current logistics activities.
What You'll be Doing:
- Identify, quantify, and assist in the implementation of service and cost improvements to product flow.
- Create and execute transportation and logistics services related RFP's.
- Implement and maintain carrier and service provider scorecards and performance measurements.
- Perform continuous analysis for improving department processes and procedures.
- Review network design to ensure the flow of merchandise from the vendor to the Meijer DF locations is achieved at the lowest sustainable cost.
- Develop and implement new concepts to improve on-time purchase order arrival and network visibility.
- Assist in the training and development of support staff. Train staff on new system functionality and tools.
- Serve as a mentor to support staff team members.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with 2 years of experience or equivalent logistics experience.
- In lieu of formal education, at least 6 years of progressive related experience in logistics related fields.
- 2+ years experience in logistics/supply chain preferred.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data mining solutions are required.