Logistics Analyst I - Grand Rapids, MI
This position manages the logistics management business processes (i.e. procurement analysis, freight bill payment, shipment planning and execution) to ensure that internal customer requirements are met. This position handles analysis and tasks driving continuous cost and service improvements by recommending and implementing stated improvements.
What You'll be Doing:
- Independently manages through and develops solutions for operational failures of carrier, vendor, or warehouse related incidents in order to execute and deliver on time freight.
- Updates and enters operational data within the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Develops solutions to transportation/logistics issues with internal and external vendors such as: carriers, forwarders, distribution facilities and merchandise.
- Ensure weekly and monthly KPI's are met by proactively actioning any supply chain opportunities with appropriate business partners.
- Assists distribution facilities in the resolution of issues with delivery appointment scheduling, missing documentation, and carrier performance.
- Monitors metrics and monitors performance metrics with carriers and service providers.
- Identifies and performs continuous analysis around cost reduction and process improvement.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within the area of responsibility.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School diploma with 1-2 yrs. of Supply Chain or Retail experience is required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- This position may be entry-level for a college graduate without experience.
- Working knowledge of supply chain functions and product flow is critical
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability through previous projects or experience
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and rapid learner