Demand Planning Manager (Mandarin speaking preferred, bonus eligible!)
Role: Demand Planning Manager
About Us: We are Micro-Tech Endoscopy, USA (MTU), a rapidly growing medical device company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We are proud to be part of a global organization with facilities in Asia, Europe, and the U.S. Micro-Tech USA is improving lives, providing better quality patient care, and making health care more value driven. By partnering with doctors dedicated to innovation, we are committed to bringing the highest quality new devices to market, with unprecedented speed, at an economical price. Micro-Tech USA's leaders are highly educated, industry professionals with the integrity, knowledge, and passion for collaboration to develop long-lasting partnerships. Micro-Tech has a global presence, entrepreneurial culture, and capability to honor our commitments and turn concepts into reality.
About the Position: Micro-Tech Endoscopy is searching for a talented Demand Planning Manager (DPM) to lead our forecasting activities to ensure operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, this role will own and manage the overall demand planning function, navigating the complexities of working in conjunction with an international supplier/partner, you will have experience adjusting your model and approach, as business factors fluctuate and impact your original plan. You will bring a strong understanding of leveraging forecasting models and successful methods for building variability into your models. Our ideal DPM will thoroughly understand customer and business opportunities, needs, and constraints in an effort to create effective solutions, manage demand planning deliverables, and jointly develop strategies and initiatives to improve inventory processes and practices.
Micro-Tech’s DPM will oversee all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models. As a growing start-up, every person at Micro-Tech plays a critical role in getting the job done: you will have a strong ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and complete critical executional tasks on a daily basis.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies. Our next DPM will have five years’ experience in demand planning, with at least two years’ experience leveraging a demand forecasting tool. Ideal candidates will have experience working with international manufacturers, arranging the shipping of products, and an understanding of import/export legalities and logistical concerns.
- Drive the development, execution, and communication of demand plans, while working in conjunction with international home office supplier in Nanjing.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Manage the demand planning deliverables to ensure integrity and comprehensiveness of the demand plan.
- Collect, analyze and present data to create insights.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Effectively manage on-hand inventory.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing staff to discuss planned product promotions to produce more accurate forecasts.
- Provide direction to supply chain on forecast changes and variances; create open line of communication and ensure proactive and nimble communication and strategies.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Work internally with cross functional teams on strategic efforts.
- Drive ongoing improvements in forecast accuracy (target setting, process improvement, systems, etc.)
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with buyers, vendors, brokers, purchasing managers, and internal sales personnel.
- Create and develop partnership with field Sales and Operations team to enable efficient and effective communication relative to the demand plan and requirements.
- Work with Product Managers and Sales team on new product introduction.
- Troubleshoot and reconcile POs.
- Reconcile reports with financial services, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- 2-5 years’ experience using a demand forecasting tool.
- 2 years’ experience dealing with international manufacturers, shipping, and import/export affairs preferred.
- Experience working with SAP and/or Oracle preferred.
- Ability to work in the evenings and/or on Sundays to accommodate Chinese time zone/work schedules.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work successfully within a team setting, contributing skills and abilities when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to modify communication style to accommodate diverse audiences.
- Chinese/Mandarin speaking strongly preferred.
Essential Functions of the Job:
While performing this work, an employee must be able to:
- Engage in logical reasoning, interpreting, and responding.
- Spend substantial time sitting and operating a computer (read, write and type), with periods of standing, walking speaking, and listening.
- Sustain lengthy conversations.
- Adjust conversation style to accommodate diverse audiences.
- Some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and the lifting to include overhead lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavy objects and materials (up to 50 pounds) and occasionally heavier items (50 pounds or over).
- Work evenings or weekends to communicate effectively with international partners.
All offers of employment at Micro-Tech Endoscopy are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and on all employees, who are promoted, as deemed necessary.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Individuals interested in the position who are needing assistance completing the application process should phone (734) 531-9095.