Supplier Diversity Specialist
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The Supplier Diversity Specialists is responsible for supporting the Supplier Diversity Manager in the design, development, and implementation of corporate-wide programs and support activities that promote procurement from diverse supply partners for all Meijer sourcing teams and business areas responsible for procuring goods and services. The role is responsible for developing, implementing, and conducting training for internal team members (Buyers) and external vendors/partners that help to support the Supplier Diversity initiates. This role is also responsible for supporting all activity associative with developing and meeting Supplier Diversity KPIs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, develop, implement and administer supplier outreach programs for diverse suppliers that ensure equal opportunity for visibility to business and buying teams.
- Interface with all departments to assist and support the use of products and services from diverse suppliers. Including leading efforts to remove roadblocks, process documentation, training resources, etc.
- Assist in maintaining external and internal websites for Supplier Diversity content.
- Develop, implement and conduct training programs for Buyers and all user department personnel as well as vendor/buyer workshops.
- Study, recommend, implement and administer changes to corporate procurement and supply chain procedures and policies which affect diverse business participation.
- Supervise the alignment of communication and coordination of cross-functional business activity associated with Supplier Diversity events.
- Responsible for benchmarking, developing business cases, and implementing programs to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the supplier diversity program.
- Support activity associated with developing or creating Supplier Diversity KPIs.
- Support the Supplier Diversity mailbox.
- Maintain project plans with regular communication and meetings with category leads to maintain financial accountability and control of all contracts.
- The Specialist will participate in the development and implementation of a best-in-class corporate supplier diversity program. Supports the Supplier Diversity team in coordinating the timely, effective and efficient planning and deployment of programs & events, managing risks and dependence to maximize impact and maintain momentum.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or engineering.
- 3-5 years' experience in business financial functions with a heavy concentration in Sourcing or Supply Chain.
- Preferred sourcing experience in Merchandising as well.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a matrix organization that has been demonstrated by work on project teams or cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with spend analysis tools.
- Skilled at accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Strong procurement analysis experience and operational experience desired AND MORE...