Substation Operations Supervisor - Jackson, MI
Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
This position provides the leadership for OM&C employees performing operation of substation/metro underground equipment and HVD lines in the Jackson / Adrian area and will be expected to fill in on a temporary basis for other Substation Operation Supervisors across the state as needed.
The individual will be expected to coordinate with various internal departments and provide weekly work plans to System Control in support of outage planning. Candidate must have the ability to learn and utilize technology in support of operation activities, and is highly capable of promoting safe practices, procedures and behaviors in employees. Must also have the ability to understand and administer the provisions of the working agreement.
- Experience in the maintenance and operations of HVD / distribution substations AND knowledge and experience in the operation of substation equipment.
- Must be a team player with strong leadership skills to direct, motivate and develop employees and complete complex tasks.
- Effective planning and administrative skills for scheduling and execution of substation operation work plans is needed.
- Good communication skills are required to negotiate with large commercial/industrial and metro underground customers.
- Must be available to work scheduled overtime and be able to respond to emergency outages and customer outages as they occur (within and outside of the Norton Shores area).
- This position will also be in an on-call rotation with other Substation Operation Supervisors across the state.
- High School diploma / GED is required.
- A self-starter and possess the ability to coordinate activities among internal and external work groups.
- The Substation Operations Supervisor requires technical knowledge in electric transmission, distribution, metering and/or applicable utility experience gained either through a technical field of study and/or through a related work experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction prints.
- Valid driver's license AND more...