Corporate EHS Water Program Specialist - Sterling Heights, MI
The Corporate Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Water Program Specialist is responsible for ensuring environmental compliance related to all aspects of water, wastewater, and storm water at FCA NA facilities. The Corporate EHS Specialist will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for FCA in these areas of compliance, and is responsible for monitoring regulatory changes, addressing compliance issues at FCA NA facilities, and implementing projects to assist facilities in maintaining compliance with those regulations. Additional responsibilities include managing the corporate water programs to drive water use reduction, water recycling, storm water protection, etc., utilizing the WCM methodologies. Also, the Specialist is responsible for assisting with the execution of capital projects required to install and/or maintain the water related infrastructure at FCA NA facilities to ensure ongoing compliance with wastewater permits, and supply of water for operations. The Specialist will be responsible for negotiating permits related to process wastewater and storm water discharge with the local water authority for FCA NA plants.
The Corporate EHS Specialist is responsible for developing company policy, and directing operations for compliance with regulations and company policy. The Corporate EHS Specialist position will report to the Corporate Environment Compliance Programs Manager and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring local, state and federal regulations related to water and wastewater compliance and implementing programs to ensure compliance with new or modified requirements
- Implementing water management programs to assist FCA NA facilities with achievement of their water use and cost reduction goals
- Determining the necessary capital investments required to ensure ongoing or improved wastewater treatment operations at FCA NA facilities
- Oversee the implementation of capital projects required to ensure ongoing or improved wastewater treatment operations at FCA NA facilities
- Maintaining FCA NA corporate guidance and training documents related to requirements and operation of FCA NA wastewater treatment systems
- Working with FCA NA facility personnel and local regulators to negotiate wastewater discharge permit conditions which are fair and reasonable
- Providing technical assistance to FCA NA facilities when wastewater treatment, or compliance, issues arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of water/wastewater engineering or related experience AND More...
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA)