Senior Software Engineer
Drive Your Career
Lear Corporation is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world's major automotive manufacturers with our world-class automotive seating and automotive electrical products. Our products are developed and produced by a diverse, talented team of more than 165,000 people. With operations in 39 countries, Lear operates in every major automotive manufacturing region in the world. For our globally positioned and successful teams, we are looking for dedicated talents with zest for action and enthusiasm. If you love challenges, want to experience development opportunities unrestrained, and want recognition that pays off, then you've come to the right place with Lear.
SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WORLD HEADQUARTERS, SOUTHFIELD, MICHIGAN
Reports To: Connectivity Software Engineering Manager
Education: BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Position Focus: The Software Engineering Team Lead will be responsible for leading the development and validation of software for Lear’s products. Working in conjunction with the global Lear connectivity engineering team, this position will develop a deep understanding of Lear’s connectivity solutions.
This position will be responsible for developing applications and frameworks for automotive smart gateway products. The engineer will design and develop middleware services, communication protocols, telematics applications and services for a variety of smart gateway and domain controller solutions. This engineer will have strong experience with developing Linux based systems, C/C++, communication protocols such as TCP/IP, SOME/IP, UDP, UDS, HTTP/HTTPs, applications such as OTA, IPC brokers etc, and wireless technologies such as cellular, V2X, cellular, WiFi, GNSS, & BLE. The engineer will have experience working with hypervisors and virtualization technologies.This engineer will review customer requirements and then collaborate with hardware/software engineers to design software systems that satisfy the requirements. This position requires a strong grasp of middleware and framework concepts, vehicle communication technologies and telematics applications. This engineer will work with the Global connectivity team to develop solutions that validate the platforms, architectures and solutions that can be used as reference implementations for customer programs.
- Work closely with the Global Connectivity engineering team
- Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application on Gateway and Domain Controller Technologies
- Listen, understand and convey customer issues and requirements to product management and development teams.
- Lead the development of connectivity applications and frameworks in C/C++
- Develop and configure drivers and different OS services for hypervisor and virtualized environments.
- Deep understanding of technology to optimize embedded software for cybersecurity and resource optimization
- Develop and maintain Software design documents
- Analyze customer and product requirements, and develop software to meet the requirements
- Assist development groups with issue tracking and debugging
- Work closely with Global test organization to develop an effect test and continuous integration strategy
Preferred Background & Experience:
- 4-7 years engineering experience in developing applications and frameworks for embedded system running Linux/Android/RTOS/Green Hills Integrity etc
- Experience with embedded build systems such as Yocto
- Experience with developing applications and software for hypervisors and virtualized environment will be preferred.
- Experience with optimizing systems/software for using minimal flash and RAM while maintaining reliable and feature rich applications
- Mastery of C/C++ language, GNU toolchain and GDB
- A solid understanding of network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6 etc