Dana is seeking to fill the position of Sales Engineer in Novi, Michigan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Account Manager in securing existing and new business contracts for engine and transmission thermal products by effectively working with customer engineers to introduce new products or new features through design, production and delivery stage. Additionally, the candidate will support Account Managers by providing engineering expertise, and engineering guidance, while identifying new business opportunities and helping grow sales for the organization.
- Liaise with current or prospective customers engineers (product, CAD, Techs) at GM Warren and various Tier 1 customers to ascertain product design and performance needs.
- In conjunction with Advanced Engineering or Plant-based engineering managers and staff, move the new product or new design through drawing, prototyping, testing and customer approval phases.
- Under the direction of an Account Manager or Sr. Sales Manager, meet with customers, as needed, to support engineering and sales activities.
- Develop and conduct presentations to Key Customers and Internal Management personnel as needed.
- Inform the Sr. Sales Manager and responsible business unit of customer needs and future business opportunities.
- Track/coordinate prototype orders, test schedules, program timing and performance issues with both customer and Power Technologies engineering departments as required.
- Initiate and implement VAVE cost saving or performance improvement ideas.
Required skills (minimally required to apply for position):
- A degree or diploma in engineering or related field.
- Progressively responsible automotive experience in product engineering or related field. Sound knowledge of engines and transmissions (preferably thermal products experience i.e. engine/trans/fuel/battery heat exchangers.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communications skills.
- PC proficiency.
- A record of accomplishment showing a commitment to customer service, successful teamwork and product development, and continuous quality improvement in assigned areas of responsibility.
- A degree in engineering.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.