Sales Assistant - Chinese/Korean Language skills
Responsible for handling a variety of sales related functions supporting several Account Managers, including, preparation of proposals and presentations, processing of RFQs and submission of quotes, interacting with customers and principals. Serve as Company contact for Chinese speaking Principals and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and presentations in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other similar formats.
- Serve as Company contact for Chinese speaking customers and Principals, providing support as necessary including participation in conference calls, meetings and document review.
- Provide clerical support to assigned Account Managers and others as needed
- Maintain various spreadsheets and logs for tracking and documenting various items including, but not limited to, automotive parts shipments and logistics, new business written, and part number logs.
- Interact with customers and principals, responding to requests and providing information as needed.
- Provide system support
- Maintain both electronic and paper files.
- Perform general office duties including: faxing, filing, copying, routine maintenance of office printers, answering phones, etc.
- Perform additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3 years clerical or sales support experience.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and ability to adapt to other software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with principals, vendors, customers and visitors.
- Written and verbal fluency in both English and Chinese.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to handle multi-functional tasks and prioritize situations following through to completion.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Occasionally, this employee is required to travel outside of the office attending meetings and events at customer or other sites.