Advanced Safety Specialist
The position will provide technical support in the design and development of SHE policies, procedures, and programs. Position will provide support to ensure DENSO maintains compliance with regulatory and internal standards. The position will provide technical support ensuring environmental compliance regarding air, water, storm water, solid waste, hazardous waste, tanks, DOT, and maintenance of the ISO 14001 system.
- Designs, develops, and administers policies and procedures to ensure regulatory standards compliance.
- Conducts training and provides interpretations of policies and procedures.
- Performs hazard assessments which may include hazard identification, ergonomic evaluations, and recommending countermeasures to management that will reduce/eliminate hazards.
- Assists the nursing staff and the chain of command in managing personal and work related injuries and illness. This may include duties such as return to work job evaluations, ergonomic assessments, videotaping work stations, etc.
- Maintains appropriate expertise to provide technical support to management, production, and other departments.
- Supports DENSO's emergency response system through training and evaluation.
- May participate in the planning, design, and inspection of machinery and processes to ensure compliance with standards.
- May monitor and assist in coordinating day-to-day security activities.
- Performs various activities pertaining to air, water, hazardous waste, ISO 14001, solid waste, storm water, and tanks compliance.
- Performs various activities pertaining to DOT such as packaging of Environment Department dangerous goods, completion of bills of lading, training, etc. in order to ensure DENSO compliance.
- Performs activities pertaining to TSCA such as ensuring R&D, low volume, and obtaining pre-manufacture notices to ensure DENSO compliance.
- Attends meetings and prepares reports as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned (includes all non-essential or non-major activities).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Hygenie or related field.
- 0-10 years' of professional experience in a related work environment.
- Proficient with the Microsoft 365 suite including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.