Pharmacy Intern - Multiple locations, MI
The Meijer Pharmacy Intern Program has been designed to develop pharmacy interns into future Meijer pharmacy leaders. Interns must demonstrate friendly, remarkable customer service. Through operational excellence, interns should strive to enhance the overall patient experience and health. Special project Interns may be assigned to support Meijer Pharmacies onsite and/or at off-site community events, such as vaccination clinics or health screening events. This is a seasonal, temporary position to support specific initiatives or projects in the pharmacy.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop professional and leadership competencies expected of a future pharmacist.
- Assist customers with any needs that arise while developing and maintaining positive relationships with patients, team members, and leadership.
- Maintain Meijer pharmacy, state and federal legal requirements for this position. Includes but not limited to Compliance to legal functions a pharmacy intern may perform in state of practice, and maintaining an active educational license on file with Team Leader at all times.
- Maintain a complete clinical documentation file with hard copy documents stored on site as per Clinical Services Documentation and Filing Complete all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Participate in (after applicable training) Meijer Pharmacy immunization, medication therapy management, health screening and all other current clinical programs.
- Maintain minimum required availability up to 40 hours per week as needed based on professional development and company needs. Note, up to 40 hours may be requested, but is not guaranteed, collaborate with TL and PDM when necessary.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school.
- Hold pharmacy intern license (state specific),immunization training certificate , and current CPR certification.
- Flexible in availability and ability to assist as needs arise.
- Timeliness and dependability.
- Drive to stay current and competent in all pharmacy-related functions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Self-motivated and diligent.
- Committed to team goals.