Sr. Research Grant/Contract Specialist (Hypertension Research) - Detroit, MI
- Under limited supervision, responsible for monitoring the financial status of multiple research grants subcontracts, and consultant and service agreements within a division/department utilizing proper accounting procedures.
- Analyze expense reports for the proper allocation of grant funds and expenses, and collaborate with external departments to verify and correct all accounting errors.
- Assist the Principal Investigators in the preparation of research grants, with specific responsibility for the preparation of budgets and budget justifications in compliance with internal and external agency guidelines.
- Analyze budgets and forecast to identify trends, grant balances and problems, that will enhance departmental long-term planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2-3 years of progressively responsible, relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer