Global APQP Director (m/f/d) - Troy, MI
As the Global APQP Director you will be responsible for our Advanced Product Quality processes for the Global Connection Systems business. The position holder be responsible to drive, standardize and improve the Connection System's Quality Plan in product & process development, implementation and launch.
- Define Connection System's Quality Plan in product development, in line with Corporate guidelines, and ensure its systematic application and CSR compliance.
- Define in conjunction with Project Management (PM) a common product development system based on available internal best practices, with clear design review events, risk register and escalation systems - dedicated to quality topics.
- Promote common guidelines for Quality Plan in product development.
- Ensure advanced quality function is represented in product/process development core teams, within gate and program reviews, presenting the status and action plans.
- Define Global Zero Defect Line guidelines for critical product lines and ensure statement of work reviews with manufacturing engineering prior to equipment/tools purchase. Audit MQ1/MQ2 vs Zero Defect Line per product guidelines.
- Promote the use of functional analysis on each design, FMEA (design and process), reverse FMEA integrating risk assessment with product structure, customer and legal requirements, design guidelines etc.).
- Drive ICIM projects definition, closure in product and process development thru the use of DFSS and robust engineering. Drive BIQ and systematic LL in BOP/BOD.
- Develop top competence on process quality and make it available to region and plants facing critical developments, launches and customer claims.
- Define Connection System's project status audit scheme, in line with corporate guidelines and implement it.
- Develop team capabilities based on new products sourced, example AAR (Appearance Approval Report) and special processes / technologies.
- Promote the application of lessons learned and monitor how they are applied in the new developments.
Your Background (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree and/or MBA in a relevant area.
- 8 + years of quality manufacturing experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a global team.
- 5+ years of experience in the automotive industry managing APQP processes.
- Must be willing to travel minimum 25%.
- Fluent in English language.
Your Background (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience managing APQP processes related to direct consumers market.
- Previous experience on High Voltage and Charging Products.
- Experience working in a complex global matrix organization.
- Strong AIAG, APQP, IATF knowledge and experience.