Project Coordinator (Customer Energy Management) - Multiple Locations, MI
Located within the Gas Engineering and Supply group, Customer Energy Management is responsible for serving our customer connections through the planning and the execution of new and existing customer requested services. We work with individual residential customers, large commercial firms and businesses, municipalities, other utilities, and internal stakeholders to meet the customer needs of their electric and gas projects. The goal of this team is to provide excellent customer service by being the face of the company. We strive to meet the energy needs of the customer by being our customers trusted energy partner. We are committed to maintaining, and strengthening, our long-term working relationships with our customers by demonstrating professionalism, competency, confidence and trust with every service we provide.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are committed to a high-quality customer experience
- Have project management skills/background
- Have STEM or business training/background or inclination (See details below)
- Are ready to learn about Electric and Gas Distribution Systems
What does a Project Coordinator in Customer Energy Management do?
- Coordinates the work between the customer, Consumers Energy, and stakeholders
- Project scoping, estimating/evaluating customer and system loads and design requirements
- Owns the project as a customer advocate through the initiation, design, prerequisite, scheduling and field construction phases.
- Works outside of normal working hours to assist with emergency operations/storm restoration.
- Travels to jobsites within region 50% - remote option for remainder of work
- Associate degree in a scientific, technical, or business field (OR 48 credit hours in these fields of study), AND three (3) or more years of work experience in Project Coordination and/or applied complex design.
- (OR) If no degree/credits, extensive years of work experience in Project Coordination, Project Management, Account Management and/or applied complex design.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: These may set you apart from other applicants.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, recommend alternatives, and take corrective action, while exhibiting in-depth knowledge of the policies and procedures of the business.
- Successfully multi-task and/or switch tasks quickly while remaining organized.
- Anticipate and understand the impact of actions/procedures on multiple systems.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, strong teamwork and the ability to work independently on assigned complex projects.
- Use computer assisted drafting (PowerDraft) or other appropriate systems/software/programs such as EAM, and SAP to accommodate customer's request and align with internal quality control processes.
- Manage project milestones; organizing and prioritizing the scheduling of work assignments in response to work orders.
A variety of levels of skill and experience will be considered for these opportunities with excellent benefits and compensation reflecting your qualifications - starting at $60k minimum.
Over 20 openings in Flint, Grand Rapids, Greenville, Howell, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Royal Oak, Traverse City, West Branch. Successful candidates must be within a 60-mile radius of any of the listed locations.