4-H Program Coordinator
As part of the MSU Extension Children & Youth Institute, with support from the 4-H Staff Development & Supervising Educator, District Director and Institute Director, the 4-H Program Coordinator provides leadership and oversight for growth and management of local 4-H programs, volunteers and youth participants.
As a team member of the Children & Youth Institute, you will recruit, select and train 4-H program volunteers and oversee program/project promotion, expansion and evaluation activities. In this position, you will conduct direct programming with youth and adult audiences and will gather and analyze data for impact evaluation efforts. Through your supervising educator, you will work in concert with the Children & Youth Institute to ensure alignment of programs with overall goals of the work team, Institute and organization.
Minimum Qualifications (see full description for complete list of requirements)
• Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in program development and management in 4-H or other youth development program.
• Volunteer management and experience supervising volunteers or of others.
• Non-formal education teaching experience.
• Demonstrated drive and initiative, with proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain partnerships across diverse audiences and/or communities.
• Prior experience performing work in support of external contract and/or grant requirements.
View full description and apply through the MSU careers page (careers.msu.edu). Search for posting 700706 using the Job Search field.
Application deadline is May 4, 2021.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer, committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. Michigan State University Extension employment opportunities are open to eligible/qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or veteran status. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodations.
The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.