Production Supervisor - Auburn Hills, MI
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs 36,000 people in 33 countries on six continents. In 2018, Dana generated sales of $8.1 billion. For more information, please visit dana.com.
Oversee, provide leadership for and coordinate activities for production within the plant to ensure quality and productivity measurements are acceptable.
- Supervise all employees in your department and manage the flow of production.
- Encourage teamwork within the lines and across all shifts.
- Monitor shop floor safety. Responsible for training team members in their operations and the safety requirements of that operation.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards for housekeeping, safety and general maintenance.
- Actively participate in all aspects of quality control as it related to daily production.
- Verify work standards/ set up sheets, quality checkpoint sheets and all other production related documents are present at the point of use and up to date. Must also ensure employees follow them.
- Monitor scrap on daily basis and implement corrective actions to achieve yearly scrap goals.
- Focus on improving product and process capability.
- Forward thinking and self-motivated in relation to production floor/ systems improvements.
- Involved in problem solving and corrective actions related to production issues.
- Oversee production meetings with employees in your department.
- Liaison to Team Leaders on all shifts (Coach, Lead, and Direct). Must be willing to accept phone calls during off hours.
- AND MORE...