Production Supervisor - Detroit, MI
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring team safety; building teams and training / allocating manpower; driving and implementing continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality and reach throughput and cost targets; and ensuring team morale.
The selected candidate's responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing(WCM) processes and initiatives including the following.
- Ensure the production plan is met, analyzes issues with other roles, drives and implements continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the Zone.
- Ensure a safe workplace, leads the team to improve Safety in the area and enforces the use of mandated Safety tools and procedures.
- Understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate World Class Manufacturing activities and improve Zone performances.
- Proactively analyze quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritize quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
- Ensure the right allocation of the people on the line, manage absenteeism, train and build teams.
- Possess knowledge of the broader manufacturing organization and have the ability to mobilize support groups and resources to lead and assist in problem solving activities.
- Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Safety, Cost, Quality and Throughput improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
- Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead teams
- Ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 2 or more years of experience in supervision in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite software programs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.