Product Conformance Specialist - Holland, MI
The Product Conformance Specialist supports the Performance, Conformance, and Codes and Standards Engineering department, all part of the Global Product Performance Team. The best part about the team is that we are involved in a wide variety of projects and learn about many Herman Miller products. Our team works with multiple groups across the organization as well as dealers. We have vast product knowledge and act as consultants with teams when they are making compliance related decisions.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Assuring quality and accuracy of test reports that will be used to validate product claims
- Supporting our Sales team by providing them with performance claims information about our products
- Taking ownership of project statistics, such as cost totals, inquiry categories, and test quantities, that are used by management to make business decisions
What You Bring
- Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- An Associate's degree in a related field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel) as well as Microsoft SharePoint
- Detail oriented and customer service focused
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information effectively to people with various levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to embrace change in an evolving work environment
- Self-motivation to perform with minimal supervision
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland