Responsible for designing new products, maintain customer requirements for packaging material and working with the sales department to fulfill customer needs. This position may require customer contact.
- BS in Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to run AUTOCAD Artios design system
- Ability to read blue print and specifications
- Knowledge of ASTM standards and proper testing procedures
- Knowledge of Government Packaging and designing to meet military standards.
- Knowledge of UN testing standards for the design of hazardous material packaging a plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Producing drawings and samples as needed
- Creating packaging designs that effectively protect products and meet customer requirements
- Create and update production specification, plant layouts and company signage as specified by the users
- Will be responsible to maintain revision level history of all designs and drawings of the company
- Interfaces with engineers and purchasing staff from internal divisions
- Processing Government RFQ’s for designing the required packaging in accordance with military standards