Advanced Powertrain Calibration Engineer
The Advanced Powertrain Systems Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing test plans, establishing goals/timelines, and calibrating advanced powertrain systems concepts to meet the needs of future FCA powertrain technology development. This position is located at the Amrhein Road Center (ARC) in Livonia, Michigan. The ARC is a full service team which provides design, fabrication, instrumentation, test and analysis support to FCA advanced powertrain development. This Engineer will cover a wide scope of work that can include idea generation, hardware design, controls algorithm development, vehicle system modeling, hardware testing, and powertrain systems calibration focusing on meeting the next generation of fuel economy and emissions standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Hands on experience setting up and testing physical hardware (bench and vehicle tests)
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with other powertrain simulation tools (AVL Cruise, GT power, Amesim, etc.)
- Working knowledge of INCA/ETAS
- Data acquisition, collecting, and processing experience
- General overall knowledge of vehicle and powertrain functions
- Fundamental knowledge of internal combustion engines and powertrain calibration
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, good teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to upper management
- Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 3 years of experience in powertrain systems development /engine calibration /control systems development / diagnostics within the automotive industry
- Proficient in advanced simulation tools
- Working knowledge of dynamometer powertrain testing
- Experience with powertrain systems calibration development, OBD calibration, engine calibration or transmission calibration
- Experience with powertrain control algorithm development and powertrain/vehicle simulation modeling
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.