Logistics Technical Planner - Sterling Heights, MI
The Logistics Technical Planner will be responsible for optimizing internal material flow and manpower for Sterling Stamping Plant. Analyze schedules, performance and material storage requirements. Reduce Material handling costs and inventory levels. Lead World Class Manufacturing initiatives for Logistics. Conduct Kaizen workshops develop and implement projects.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work in small teams with both Management and Hourly UAW workers
- Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Packaging, and Business degrees
- Able to perform manpower analysis and utilization studies. Stream line Dock lay-outs and storage areas
- Conduct Material flow studies and optimize flow while reducing inventory levels
- Familiar with World Class Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing, and basic problem solving tools
- Able to implement Pull systems, KanBan throughout the plant
- Receiving to shipment. Capable of training 1st line supervisors and hourly team leaders in WCM Methodology and tools
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.