Team Leader (Pharmacy, 40 hrs-FT) - Saginaw, MI
Plans, directs and supervises team members in the day to day operations of the Pharmacy. Duties include, but are not limited to: technician hiring, filling prescriptions accurately, staff training, financial management, inventory control, scheduling, providing great friendly service, team building, clinical services, patient safety, and pharmacy adherence to all corporate policies, federal and state legal policies.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for staffing selection and hiring to achieve staffing needs.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews of pharmacists and technicians.
- Documents and applies disciplinary actions.
- Fills prescriptions accurately.
- Implements and executes pharmacy programs, including financial results, clinical services, labor, inventory, stock loss, security, patient services, and profitability of the pharmacy.
- Educates and mentors pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to be effective team members.
- Motivates team members to perform to their highest level.
- Holds team members accountable for results in an appropriate and effective manner and has a vision to expand and grow the pharmacy business.
- Strong leadership and development capabilities.
- Competent and knowledgeable of Meijer policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree or Doctorate of Pharmacy.
- Registered Pharmacist in the state of practice.
- Certified Immunization Pharmacist (except Indiana).
- 3 years of experience in retail/community practice.
- One year management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy system, working knowledge of policies and procedures, understanding of regulatory in the state the unit operates in.
- Successful completion of all required certifications.