Pharmacy Manager - Harper Woods/ Clarkston, MI
Apply Here for Harper Woods and Here for Clarkston
Responsible for managing the total operation of your pharmacy, which will include scheduling, weekly and period budgets, procurement and personnel. Responsible for developing a team committed to the highest standards in patient service, dispensing, inventory, pricing, licensing and record management. Oversee the training and scheduling of your pharmacy team. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fill and Scan prescriptions and counsel customers on medication use.
- Monitor all state, local and federal laws that pertain to pharmacy and assure compliance.
- Monitor demographics of area and customer needs, i.e., retirement complexes, senior citizen homes, nursing homes, hospitals, apartment complexes, young couples, schools, etc.
- Monitor and recommend promotional activity necessary to achieve sales and gross budgets.
- Assist in maintenance of pharmacy inventory level to achieve proper service and inventory budgets.
- Maintain all record keeping necessary for legal compliance, Kroger policy, Accounting policy and other reports requested.
- Assist in monitoring the three most meaningful competitors in pharmacy and their prescriptions filled per week.
- Enforce company dress code to project professional image and build customer confidence.
- Create Pharmacy image of service, friendliness and cooperativeness with customers, Kroger employees and outside vendors.
- Maintain clean, neat work area, including work counter, shelves, floor, etc., and customer counter to present a professional, sanitary, organized image to customers.
- Maintain proper records, inventory and security on all scheduled drugs (controlled substances-narcotics).
- Receive all merchandise per company guidelines.
- Insure all "out-of-date" product is returned for credit.
- Maintain current and organize all policy manuals, reference books, state laws and required equipment and verify all staff knowledgeable of use.
- Make a strong and continuous effort to broaden personal knowledge and skill on pharmacy and Kroger.
- Administer influenza and other immunizations, under the guidance of The Kroger Co. of Michigan's collaborative practice agreement.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD Degree
- Active state pharmacy license in good standing required
- Notable leadership skills are desired.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional patient service skills
- Ability to dispense accurately and efficiently
- 24 - 48 month commitment required to ensure business continuity
- Internal candidates must have signed Job Acknowledgement Form at time of information submission
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click .
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License