Supervisor Corporate Services (Facilities) - Detroit, MI
Provides leadership, guidance and team building for areas of responsibility within Corporate Services Operations (Facilities, Fleet or Supply Chain). Leads a team of personnel responsible for safe, timely, cost-efficient, and quality service of equipment, materials/supplies, systems and activities associated with the maintenance and operations of building systems; fleet assets or warehousing functions at DTE Energy Facilities. Develops and maintains an environment that embraces the Core Values and encourages responsiveness to a changing business environment. Span of control: 10 to 15 direct reports mainly representative and contractors.
- Supervises represented and non-represented and/or contract employees in day-to-day work activities. Ensures personnel's adherence to work practices and procedures, safety rules and regulations and Union/Management agreements.
- Responsible for executing work to ensure achievement of metrics and business unit partner commitments.
- Promotes teamwork through coaching, training, and consistent administration of the collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Implements and drives changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement within the Processes and leads a single focused team or grouping of teams to meet the specific objectives and targets.
- Meets and/or improves performance goals, measures and targets in support of Corporate Services metrics.
- Identifies business unit requirements as an input for budget development and execution of spend. Develop internal and external business relationships with vendors, suppliers and other organizations to ensure effective utilization of contracts and budgets.
- Ensures that all appropriate safety and compliance related training occurs within work team. Has on-call, after hour responsibilities, on a rotational basis (varied by department).
- Other accountabilities may vary depending upon the functional area or business unit (e.g., facilities, fleet and warehousing).
FACILITY OPERATIONS KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the facility management of all grounds, structures, building equipment, client services and code compliance for DTE facilities.
- Increase asset life of structures and equipment by leading an engaged team of skilled and semi-skilled employees and contractors.
- Reviews and continuously improves maintenance routines and frequencies within Maximo to provide employees a safe, functional and reliable workplace.
- Meets Business Unit needs on a timely basis within the limits of O&M and capital budgets.
- Identifies capital work needs and prepares requests for execution.
- Willingness to travel to multiple facility locations as needed.
FLEET OPERATIONS KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the staff and operations of the Corporation's fleet of vehicles and related equipment, including its maintenance, repair and service.
- Possess knowledge of US DOT safety rules & regulations; MDOT rules & regulations; Federal OSHA, ANSI, OEM safety rules and regulations; federal & Michigan cargo & load securement standards; weights
WAREHOUSE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Possess knowledge of service level ratings, material availability and evaluation techniques, procurement and inventory strategies, materials management, financial analysis, disposition of assets and administration of supplier relations.
- Knowledge of project/material/service specifications in one or more of the following areas: electrical/Gas equipment; general plant operations and maintenance; station/Substation operations & maintenance; Transmission/Distribution operations/maintenance or any other related operational or support disciplines.
- Demonstrates the skills to harness supplier resources to provide and deliver products/services that add value to DTE operations.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent and the knowledge and capabilities typically acquired through 5+ years of experience within the discipline OR Associate's degree or certificate (the completion of an institutionally designed group of discipline related courses) in a business or engineering technology based discipline, logistics or materials management (for warehousing) and the knowledge and capabilities typically acquired through 3+ years of experience
- Facilities entailing maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and restoration of building or industrial assets or other directly related operations or maintenance experience, and preferred leadership experience (includes lead worker role).
- Fleet entailing maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and restoration of industrial vehicle assets or other directly related operations or maintenance experience, and preferred leadership experience (includes lead worker role).
- Supply Chain entailing supply chain/materials management experience in a related field and preferred leadership experience (includes lead worker role).
- Leadership experience, either formal or in a lead worker position
- Working knowledge of EEO, Safety, Company/Union/Management Partnership and employee development programs.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to administer the collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Administer attendance reviews, positive discipline, coaching, training, work management procedures, safety, environmental and compliance regulations.
- Has a working knowledge of Maximo, SAP, SRM and other business related work management systems
- Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written and presentation skills.
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.