Operation Supervisor (Receiving) - Newport, MI
This position is responsible for planning the daily shipping and receiving activities of the unit to achieve department and organizational metrics. Determines job assignments and coordinates all aspects of receiving, selection, put-away, safety, inventory control and sanitation, ensuring productivity goals are met efficiently.
What You'll be Doing:
- Interviews, trains, develops and maintains appropriate staffing levels to meet daily operational goals.
- Works to identify high potential team members within their span of care that may be interested in further development opportunities, helping create a succession bench for leadership
- Foster positive working relationships with new and existing Team Members and Union representatives, where applicable, to promote Team Member satisfaction and increase retention
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment. Promotes a team environment that values, encourages and supports differences.
- Ensure adherence to Meijer policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible to establish and maintain DC Scorecard metrics for productivity and efficiency for defined area of responsibility. Utilizes data-based analysis to identify opportunities for improved operating performance.
- Trains, coaches and leads work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals. Ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations.
- Manages team member concerns and leads all investigations. Provides recommendation on discipline if needed to their First Assistant and Human Resources representative for alignment.
- Monitor and track performance metrics for direct reports. Deliver coaching, retraining and disciplinary action to team members as necessary.
- Responsibility for continuous evaluation of warehouse processes. Identifies and provides recommendations to leadership for process improvements.
- Administrative duties related to production, shipping and quality performance.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 3+ years of leadership and/or warehouse management experience.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Conflict resolution and performance management.