Administrator Public Health - Nursing Services
Under limited direction, is responsible for the development and administration of a comprehensive countywide program within public health, administrative planning of policies and procedures, and provides administrative support and technical assistance to staff engaged in providing fiscal, personnel, purchasing, clerical, information technology, planning and evaluation services in support of the Division.
Develops the Division's budgets for both county funds and other sources of funding in coordination with other service administrators, and monitors expenditures to ensure budget compliance. In the absence of the Health Officer, may represent the Health Division at various Board of Commissioners and committee meetings, conferences, and meetings with other health related agencies. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
1. a. Possess a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing, Nutrition, Health Education, Public Health, Public Administration or a closely related field; ANDb. Have had at least seven (7) years of full-time increasingly responsible experience in a nursing agency, including three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity; OR
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
2. a. Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing, Nutrition, Health Education, Public Health, Public Administration or a closely related field; ANDb. Have had at least nine (9) years of full-time increasingly responsible experience in a nursing agency, including three (3) years in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for the classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.