Molding Maintenance Technician
Troubleshoots machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and problem solves with supervisors regarding machine operation variations to diagnose problems and design a repair plan.
- Develop an understanding of uptime on the production floor as well as the regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on all production machinery.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Fabricates and repairs counter, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Works with the supervisors and operators to trouble shoot problems with machines and equipment as well as design a repair plan.
- Provide time estimates on the duration of maintenance assignment or task.
- Maintain maintenance record on equipment.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, injection molding equipment and/or pipe and electrical systems at our facility.
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, PLC, mechanical, Robotics, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Familiarity with blue prints, schematics, drawings and diagrams.
- Understanding of how to use testing and measuring devices (i.e. electric meters, calipers).
- Previous welding and steel fabrication experience.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals to effectively trouble shoot problems and design solutions.
- Strong computer navigation and data entry skills.
- Ability to use logic and reason to solve problems.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime/flexible hours.
- Proven track record of performance and attendance.
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.