Membership Associate (Hybrid) - Greater Grand Rapids, MI
Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential members. Assists in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. Responsible for growing and maintaining the membership base by developing and implementing strategies that assist in both retention of current business members and the recruitment of new business members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively prospects and sell membership in person, via telephone or written communication.
- Represents the Chamber at corporate and community events.
- Keeps accurate and timely records of prospects and members.
- Increases the rate of renewals by communicating with members to ensure they take advantage of resources and remain engaged.
- Liaison with Small Business Action Committee
- Assist in connecting Chamber members to programs, services and involvement opportunities that meet their needs.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Established people management and interpersonal relationship-building skills, with the ability to publicly speak and present comfortably.
- Entrepreneurial mind set and ability to take ownership of work.
- Team player
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be flexible regarding job responsibilities.
- Must be able to work in a team setting as well as independently.
- Have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- 2+ relationship building skills
- Working for a nonprofit/chamber of commerce.
- Working with the Asian Pacific American community.
Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce (APACC)