Referring Physician Advocate
Under minimal supervision on behalf of Referring Physicians the Advocate will facilitate patient appointments via phone, fax and email in over 26 specialties and subspecialties. This requires multitasking in individual physician schedules while researching and documenting in multiple business and patient care related software systems.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate must utilize judgment and resources to ascertain the specialty and type of appointment needed.
- Advocate must maintain effective working relationships with a variety of personnel at varied levels of authority within and outside the institution including but not limited to Central Scheduling Coordinators, Administrators, Health Care Providers, Support Staff and Patients.
- Must be comfortable with direct physician interaction.
- Advocate must demonstrate patience, empathy and professionalism to all callers regardless of their demeanor.
- Advocates must be able to differentiate the needs and documentation requirements of multiple phone lines and services supported by department, e.g. Out-State Growth, Discharge Line, Alumni, Web consults, etc.
- Advocate must adhere to all Department call quality standards and should expect regular audits.
- Advocate also performs clerical duties such as composing ‘thank you for the referral’ letters, recognizing and managing insurance referral needs/requests and sending out mutual patient medical information when appropriate (EPIC Publishing).
- Must be adaptable/flexible in a changing work environment which requires upgrading skills, processes and additional responsibility.
- At all times Advocate must exemplify the highest in Customer Service skills being an Ambassador of the Henry Ford Experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience with Registration and Appointment Scheduling preferred.
- Multi-specialty scheduling experience preferred.
- Experience in HFHS electronic medical record – EPIC, preferred.
- Knowledge of at least two software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with others.
- Previous experience working directly with physicians preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.