Medical Assistant-Infection Disease, Full Time, Detroit Campus
Under direct supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, performs a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate care provided to patients.
These duties include the greeting and escorting of patients to the exam room; taking medical histories, the measurement and recording of vital signs; preparing patients for the examination/procedure; and assisting the physician during the examination/procedure.
Demonstrates clinical competence as a Medical Assistant.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) Medical Assistant Program, OR Graduate of a formal medical assistant program,
- OR Graduate of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Completion of a clinical externship. Ability to perform a wide variety of clinical skills as related to ambulatory patient care.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills. Successful completion of HFMG pharmacology class and test.
- Current BLS-C certificate.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.