Chief Public Health - Medical Services
Under direction, is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing evaluative studies to determine the efficiency of current Health Division programs and services. Assists administration in planning and developing programs to meet the perceived needs of the community in assigned program areas. Formulates measurable administrative program objectives, identifies criteria to be utilized to determine program efficiency and makes recommendations regarding changes in program content and design. Provides technical assistance to staff and outside agencies. Assists in the preparation of the Health Division budget and calculates, reviews and monitors the grant funding application and acceptance process. This individual advises, assigns, reviews, appraises, disciplines and assess employees as needed. As required, assists with development and revision of policies and procedures, contractual and partnership agreements and the execution of those agreements and quality assurance as appropriate. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be Licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. a. Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university; AND
b. Possess a Master’s degree in nursing; OR
3. a. Possess a Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university; AND
b. Possess a Master’s Degree in nursing, nutrition, health education, public health, public administration or a closely related field.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/memebers.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
4. Have had at least five (5) years of full-time increasingly responsible work experience in Nursing, laboratory, epidemiology, communicable disease, and/or a related field, including at least one (1) year in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
5. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
6. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for the classification.
7. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.