Billing Analyst - Full Time - Days - Southfield, MI - Home Infusion
- Independently and accurately submits billable claims.
- Independently maintains aged A/R and monitors and resolves credit balances.
- Independently problem solves issues related to unbilled services and aging accounts receivable.
- Provides leadership assistance with persistent accounts receivable issues.
- Maintain expertise in documentation required by third party payors by interacting with these payors when necessary to ensure timely payment of claims.
- Maintains statistical records to ensure accurate tracking of problem cases.
- Independently reviews weekly and monthly reports on unbilled revenue and prepares for billing.
- May prepare bank deposits, perform cash reconciliation, and accurately post cash.
- Obtains missing documentation when necessary to convert claims to billable status by interacting and communicating with appropriate sources.
- Verifies patient's insurance coverage and make necessary changes in billing system.
- Obtains insurance authorization for services and accurately documents in information system.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years of billing experience required.
- Advanced computer knowledge, keyboard experience, and Microsoft Office experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.