Machine Repair Mechanic - 3rd Shift - Zeeland, MI
As a Machine Repair Mechanic, you'll perform advanced mechanical breakdown and preventive maintenance (PM), including the inspection, repair, and revision of complex/sophisticated plant machinery/mechanisms and manufacturing equipment. You will enhance and improve machine utilization to ensure process repeatability and uptime and reduce changeover and set-up times. You'll perform breakdown maintenance by troubleshooting, repairing, and documenting. You'll partner with management, engineering, and vendors regarding new machinery/equipment selection, specifications, set-up, and operator training. You may also act in a lead capacity and provide direction to other employees.
What You'll Do
- You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Actively participate in and contribute to machine and process design and improvements.
- Actively support all environmental and recycling efforts, including the disposal of hazardous materials. You may need to be HAZMAT certified.
- Adhere to all corporate and department safety guidelines and procedures. You'll attend, and may conduct, safety training classes to keep current.
- Aid in the design, assembly, and/or fabrication of all types of equipment and special machines.
- Contribute to the plant layout to facilitate the move, relocation, and installation of plant machinery and manufacturing equipment AND more...